I’ve blogged before about how to gather and read logs for Microsoft’s USB Audio 2.0 class driver usbaudio2.sys. But what about USB Audio 1.0?
Microsoft’s USB Audio 1.0 class driver usbaudio.sys also has logs you can gather. You can’t read them, but you can send them to Microsoft, and then we can read them, because we have the necessary symbols to decode them.
- Download usb-audio.wprp (right-click the link and Save.) This actually grabs both USB Audio 1.0 and USB Audio 2.0 logs.
- Open an elevated Command Prompt or PowerShell window.
- wpr.exe -start usb-audio.wprp
- Repro the scenario (e.g. plug in the USB Audio 1.0 device)
- wpr.exe -stop some-filename.etl
- Send us some-filename.etl